Thursday, March 15, 2012

Voice of the Lord

Voice of the Lord

Listen to and obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people;
and walk completely in the ways that I command you,
so that it may be well to you.
Jer 7:23
And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying,
"This is my beloved Son. Listen to, believe, and obey Him.” Luk 9:35

Give ear and hear my voice; listen and hear my words. Isa 28:23

Incline your ear, and come to me. Hear [and obey], and your soul shall live;
and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies promised to David. Isa 55:3

Speaking of Jesus, Moses said:
"From among you the Lord your God shall raise up a prophet like me from your brothers;
you shall listen to him in everything, whatever he says to you.
And it shall come to pass, that every soul that does not listen to and obey that prophet
will be thus destroyed from among the people." Acts 3:22-23
(This applies to Gentiles as well -
we must hear Christ' voice within and obey what he commands
to save our souls from destruction.)
See that you do not refuse him who speaks.
For if they did not escape, who refused him who spoke on the earth,
how much more will we be liable,
if we turn away from him who speaks from heaven [which is in your heart]. Heb 12:25

So I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them;
because when I called, no one answered; when I spoke, they did not hear;
but they did evil before my eyes and chose that in which I did not delight.
Isa 66:4
Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if you will obey my voice, and keep my covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure to me above all people; for all the earth is mine.

Exodus 23:20-22
Behold, I send an Angel before you, to keep you in the way, and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.
Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions for my name is in him.
But if you shall indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy to your enemies, and an adversary to your adversaries.
Leviticus 26:13-42
I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.
But if you will not hearken to me, and will not do all these commandments;
And if you shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhors my judgments, so that you will not do all my commandments, but that you break my covenant;
I also will do this to you: I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart; and you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
And I will set my face against you, and you shall be slain before your enemies. Those who hate you shall reign over you; and you shall flee when none pursues you.
And if you will not yet for all this hearken to me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass.
And your strength shall be spent in vain for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.
And if you walk contrary to me, and will not hearken to me, I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.
I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; And if you will not be reformed by me by these things, but will walk contrary to me;
Then will I also walk contrary to you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins.
And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant; and when you are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and you shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.
And when I have broken the staff of your bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall deliver you your bread again by weight; and you shall eat, and not be satisfied.
And if you will not for all this hearken to me, but walk contrary to me;
Then I will walk contrary to you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
And you shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters.
And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcasses upon the carcasses of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries to desolation, and I will not smell the savor of your sweet odors.
And I will bring the land into desolation, and your enemies that dwell in it shall be astonished at it.
And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you; and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
Then shall the land enjoy her Sabbaths, as long as it lies desolate, and you are in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her Sabbaths.
As long as it lies desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your Sabbaths, when you dwelled upon it.
And upon those who are left alive of you, I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursues them.
And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursues them; and you shall have no power to stand before your enemies.
And you shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.
And those who are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.
If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary to me;
And that I also have walked contrary to them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity;
Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
Deut 8:20
As the nations which the LORD destroys before your face, so shall you perish; because you would not be obedient to the voice of the LORD your God.
Deut 13:4
You shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and you shall serve him, and cleave to him.
Deut 18:15,19
From among you the Lord your God shall raise up a prophet like me [Jesus] to you of your brothers; you shall listen to him.
And it shall come to pass, that whoever will not listen to my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Deut 27:10
You shall therefore obey the voice of the LORD your God, and do his commandments and his statutes, which I command you this day,
Deut 28:15-57
But it shall come to pass, if you will not listen to and heed the voice of the LORD your God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command you this day; that all these curses shall come upon you, and overtake you:

Cursed shall you be who are in the city, and cursed shall you be who are in the field.
Cursed shall be your basket and your store.
Cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your land, the increase of your cattle, and the flocks of your sheep.
Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
The LORD shall send upon you cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that you set your hand to for to do, until you are destroyed, and until you perish quickly; because of the wickedness of your doings, in which you have forsaken me.
The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave to you, until he has consumed you from off the land, where you go to possess it.
The LORD shall smite you with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue you until you perish.
And your heaven that is over your head shall be brass, and the earth that is under you will be iron.
The LORD shall make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you, until you are destroyed.
The LORD shall cause you to be struck down before your enemies; you will go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them:, and you shall be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.2
And your carcass shall be meat to all fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the earth, and no man shall frighten them away.
The LORD will smite you with the ulcer of Egypt, and with the hemorrhoids, and with the scurvy, and with the itch, of which you cannot be healed.
The LORD shall strike you with madness, blindness, and astonishment of heart:
And you will grope at noonday, as the blind gropes in darkness, and you will not prosper in your ways; and you will be only oppressed and plundered continually, and no man shall save you.
You will betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her; you will build an house, and you will not dwell in it; you will plant a vineyard, and will not gather the grapes of it.
Your ox shall be killed before your eyes, and you will not eat of it. Your ass shall be violently taken away from before your face, and it shall not be restored to you. Your sheep shall be given to your enemies, and you will have no one to rescue them.
Your sons and your daughters shall be given to another people, and your eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long; and there shall be no strength in your hand.
The fruit of your land, and all your labours, shall be consumed by a nation that you do not know; and you will only be oppressed and crushed always;
So that you will become mad because of the sights that your eyes will see.
The LORD shall smite you in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore boil that cannot be healed, from the sole of your foot to the top of your head.
The LORD shall bring you, and your king that you will set over you, to a nation which neither you nor your fathers have known; and there shall you serve other gods, wood and stone.
And you will become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations where the LORD shall lead you.
You will carry much seed out into the field, and will gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.
You will plant vineyards, and dress them, but will neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms will eat them.
You will have olive trees throughout all your coasts, but you will not anoint yourself with the oil; for your olive shall shed its fruit.
You will beget sons and daughters, but you will not enjoy them for they shall go into captivity.
All your trees and fruit of your land will be consumed by the locust.
The stranger who is among you will get up above you very high, and you will come down very low.
He shall lend to you, and you will not lend to him; he shall be the head, and you will be the tail.
Moreover all these curses will come upon you, and will pursue you, and overtake you, until you are destroyed; because you did not listen to and heed the voice of the LORD your God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded you.
And they will be upon you for a sign and for a wonder, and upon your seed forever.
Because you did not serve the LORD your God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
Therefore shall you serve your enemies which the LORD shall send against you, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things; and he shall put a yoke of iron upon your neck, until he has destroyed you.
The LORD shall bring a nation against you from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flies; a nation whose tongue you will not understand;
A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor show favor to the young.
And he will eat the fruit of your cattle, and the fruit of your land, until you are destroyed; neither will he leave you either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of your cattle, or flocks of your sheep, until he has destroyed you.
And he will besiege you in all your gates, until your high and fenced walls come down, in which you trusted, throughout all your land; and he will besiege you in all your gates throughout all your land, which the LORD your God has given you.
And you will eat the fruit of your own body, the flesh of your sons and of your daughters, which the LORD your God has given you, in the siege, and in the harshness, with which your enemies shall distress you:.
So that the man who is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave.
So that he will not give to any of them the flesh of his children, whom he shall eat, because he has nothing left him in the siege, and in the harshness with which your enemies shall distress you in all your gates.
The tender and delicate woman among you, who would not venture to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness; her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
And toward her young one that comes out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear; for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and harshness, with which your enemy shall distress you in your gates.
Deu 28:62
And you shall be left few in number, whereas you were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because you would not obey the voice of the LORD your God.

Deut 30:2
And shall return to the LORD your God, and shall obey his voice according to all that I command you this day, you and your children, with all your heart, and with all your soul;
Deut 30:8
And you shall return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command you this day.
Deut 30:14
But the word is very near to you, in your mouth, and in your heart, so that you may obey it.
(Notice! The Lord is speaking about the word in every man's heart, to which he must listen and obey. Some will say that the people only hear the voice of the Lord through the prophets, but this verse applies to all men.)
Deut 30:19-20
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your seed may live:
That you may love the LORD your God, and that you may obey his voice, and that you may cleave to him for he is your life, and the length of your days; that you may dwell in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
Joshua 24:24
And the people said to Joshua, The LORD our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.
1 Sam 12:14-15
If you will fear the LORD, and serve him, and obey his voice, and not rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall both you and also the king that reigns over you continue following the LORD your God.
But if you will not obey the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall the hand of the LORD be against you, as it was against your fathers.
1 Sam 15:19
Therefore then did you not obey the voice of the LORD, but did fly upon the spoil, and did evil in the sight of the LORD?
1 Sam 15:22-26
And Samuel said, Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has also rejected you from being king.
And Saul said to Samuel, I have sinned for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and your words because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.
Now therefore, I pray you, pardon my sin, and turn again with me, that I may worship the LORD.
And Samuel said to Saul, I will not return with you: for you have rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD has rejected you from being king over Israel.
Job 36:8-12
And if they are bound in fetters, and are held in cords of affliction;
Then he shows them their work, and their transgressions that they have exceeded.
He opens also their ear to discipline, and commands that they return from iniquity.
If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
But if they do not obey, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
Isa 28:23
Give ear and hear my voice; listen and hear my words.
Isa 32:9
Rise up, you women who are at ease; hear my voice, you careless daughters; give ear to my speech.
Isa 42:23
Who among you will give ear to this? Who will listen and hear for the time to come?
Isa 48:8
Yes, you did not hear, yes, you did not know; yes, from long ago your ear was not opened. For I knew that you would deal very treacherously, and were called a transgressor from the womb.

Isa 50:4-5
The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of the learned, so that I would know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary.
He wakens me morning by morning; he wakens my ear to hear as one who is taught.
The Lord GOD has opened my ear; and I was not rebellious, nor did I turn back.

Isa 51:4
Listen to me, my people, and give ear to me, O my nation for a law will go out from me, and I will make my judgment a light to the people.

Isa 55:3
Incline your ear, and come to me. Hear [and obey], and your soul shall live;
Hosea 5:1
Hear this, O priests! And listen, O house of Israel! And give your ear, O house of the king!
Hosea 9:17
My God will cast them away because they did not listen to and obey him.
Isa 5:24
Therefore as the fire devours the stubble, and the flame consumes the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
Jer 3:13
Only acknowledge your iniquity, that you have transgressed against the LORD your God, and have scattered your ways to the strangers under every green tree, and you have not obeyed my voice,'" said the LORD.
Jer 3:25
We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covers us for we have sinned against the LORD our God; we and our fathers, from our youth even to this day, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God.






Jer 6:10-13
To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? Behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot listen. Behold, the word of the LORD is to them a reproach; they have no delight in it.
Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD; I am weary with holding it back. I will pour it out upon the children in the street, and upon groups of young men together. Even the husband with the wife shall be taken and the aged with him that is full of days.
And their houses shall be turned to others, with their fields and wives together. For I will stretch out my hand upon the inhabitants of the land," said the LORD.
"For from the least of them even to the greatest of them everyone is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even to the priest everyone deals falsely.
Jer 6:19
Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts [and schemes] because they have not heeded my words, nor my law, but have rejected it.